By Kristen Booth
Hello there and happy Friday, Dewdroppers! This week’s Fashion Friday is all about this fabulous DIY necklace! Not the craftiest person in the world? Fear not, this necklace is as easy as it looks. Just don’t rush, it’s the weekend after all, and find that inner-Martha Stewart in you!
Courtesy of Buzzfeed, here are the simple steps to making your own awesome (and best of all, budget friendly) statement necklace!
- 10 Washers (we used 10mm holes)
- 12 (10mm) jump rings
- a chain (you can even use the chain of an old necklace if you don’t want to buy one!)
- your favorite nail polish color
- Paint the washers with the nail polish color you selected, and lay them on a flat surface. Let them dry completely!
- Use the pliers to attach the washers with the jump rings (as shown in the photo above)
- Attach the chain with jump rings (you may need smaller jump rings depending on the size of the chain you use!) using pliers.
For more DIY jewelry ideas, check out Buzzfeed‘s 46 Ideas For DIY Jewelry You’ll Actually Want To Wear!
What do you think about this necklace? Would you wear it? What color would you use? Let us know in the comments below!